Archive for July, 2009
Another tweetup done. Again, at Somewhere Else. Our favorite cafe. We were live tweeting the event – more of less. Next time, we are planning to live stream it. Just a plan – no promises.
This time, the photos are sponsered by @kochiconnect. Enjoy…
The frozen version of the live tweets.
Next Tweetup is announced – right after the last meetup. Currently we are having meetups at one per week rate. This won’t last long – but its fun. The time is Sunday(26th) 4 PM and the location is Somewhere Else…
- Date: 26th July 2009
- Time: 4 PM
- Venue: Somewhere Else Cafe, Kadavanthara
A map of the location – for the uninitiated…
View Somewhere Else cafe in a larger map
Ask someone for the Pixatra shop – Somewhere Else Cafe is in a nearby unfinished building.
As I said earlier, this place has Wifi – so bring your Laptop if you have one.
We finally have a place with working WiFi! The place is ‘Somewhere Else Cafe’, Kadavanthara. Yeah, I could have done a joke about the name – but it was too easy. I’ll leave the jokes about the name as a homework for you. Post your jokes – or as a comment here.
The tweetup was great – lots of new faces. I hardly expected anyone to show up as the tweetup was announced with only one day warning. And it was very close to the last tweetup – but a good number of guys showed up.
Photos are here. Sorry about the ‘red shift’ It the cafe’s decorater’s problem. Sorry about the bad quality photo – some issue with the camera. ABWBHT.
- Binny V A (@binnyva)
- Joseph Stalvart John (@Stalvartj)
- Sujith (@jlusujith)
- Dj Arvee’ (@Dj_Arvee)
- kk (@crazydudekk)
- Anish Chandran (@anichandru)
- Anand Subramanian (@TheAnand)
- Kenney Jacob (@kenneyjacob)
- Sidharth Vijayan (@sid88)
- Ranjith K Avarachan (@zeqox)
And Shyju. He attended two tweetups so far – and still don’t have a Twitter account. Juwal, Anish – get him on Twitter!
Since its not a very well known location, and since many of the future tweetup will be held here, here is a map of the Cafe…
View Somewhere Else cafe in a larger map
I did not have the exact location – I need a local’s help to get this one right.
- Free WiFi!
- Very little noise – we can hear ourselves talk.
- They have WiFi!
- It can accommodate a good amount of people – if we pull some chairs.
- Did I mention free WiFi?
- Its a bit far away – for the Edpappally guys – especially if you are going by bus.
If you have been to Somewhere Else cafe, please give us your opinion about the place in the comments.
PS: The credit for finding this place goes to KochiVibe. I had to write that or Sidharth will kill me.
PPS: The credit for being the first to write about this place goes to CochinSquare. I had to write that or Anand will kill me.
PPPS: InCochin has nothing to do with this whatsoever. I’m just writing that to make both Sidharth and Anand a bit angry.
Errr. Yeah that is the name of the cafe. Some where else is at 1st Floor, Santhi Emerald, Cheruparampath Road, Kadavanthra. Its a greta place and provides wifi. Did i mention that it was free too? . I have gone there a couple of times but i still am not very clear about the exact junction its located at. But its opposite to Pixetra at Kadavantra.
The decided time is 18:00 hours. My number is 9895880452. Gimme a call if you get stuck or something! casino online
We had the monthly Cochin Tweetup today – at Food Court, Oberon mall. Again, due to the lack of WiFi, no live tweets. All the updates about the event was thanks to the dilegent efforts of @maravind on his mobile.
Why do we keep forgetting to take a group photo? So no image with linked faces(less work for me ). Anyway, we got some non-group-photos.
Oberon Mall as a Tweetup Venue
Its quite a nice place – I liked it.
- Super close to my home. I know it is not an advantage for others – but I’m making the list.
- Spacious – We got a table easily even at Sunday 4 PM
- Big tables – could accommodate us even if we grow in number.
- More choice in eatables.
- Scenic location – in more ways than one.
- No WiFi. Well, technically, they have WiFi – but they don’t provide internet – its for their local networking
- A bit noisy at rush hours
- Not much privacy(again, at rush hours)
- Not accessible by bus.
- People tend to get distracted a lot more. I guess it has something to do with the ‘scenic-ness’ of this place.
All in all, its a decent place to hold tweetups. I still prefer Take One cafe – but this Food Court gets the second place. Please share you opinions on the topic.
Its Tweetup time. After very little deliberation and undue haste, we have decide the time and venue…
- Date: 12th July 2009, Sunday
- Time: 4:00 PM IST
- Venue: Food Court, Oberon Mall
See you guys there.