The Meetup-whose-name-no-one-knows is over. And it was a cool tweetup. It was the first tweetup where the new people out numbered the regulars(except for the very first Cochin Tweetup(obviously(wow – several levels of nested brackets(what’s this? Lisp?(geek joke))))). One of the main reason provided was excessive partying the right before. 10 points to anyone who can guess who gave that excuse.
Here are the guys you made it(let me know if I have forgotten anyone)…
- @binnyva – Blogs at Binny V A
- @zeqox – Ranjith K Avarachan
- @vivzy – Scribbles of a Loafer
- @ManiKarthik – Daily SEO Blog (a regular for Cochin Blogger Meets – but technically a first timer in a Tweetup)
- @pranavashok – GetAudio
- @avgs – Idioteque
- @chickooiyer – Chickoos
- @JuwalBose – Juwal Bose Says
- @ArunBasilLal – Million Clues (side note – he has written an awesome introduction to twitter.)
- and of course, the ‘chief guest’ of the event – @amooma / Pena kathi (Pen knife).
We also have a couple of non Tweeters…
Regulars, we cannot let this tread continue. Please come for the upcoming tweetups. The good news is, at great personal cost, I have converted all the first timers into, well, non-first-timers. They won’t be a threat to us anymore. You’re welcome.
Sorry – but we did not do a big group photo this time – this is the best we could manage…
- @JuwalBose Photos
- No WiFi – once again.
- Strike one for Mr. Murphy.
- If you don’t know Amooma yet, here you go – Amooma Vs Sony Ericson. It was a huge hit on Twitter. Welcome to the gang Amooma.
- Flash vs HTML5
- Stuff of nightmares for @JuwalBose, a flash game developer.
- What to order
- Linux Vs Windows
- Happens at almost all Tweetups now. I has become a tradition for us.
- Another tradition. Started by an evil person I will leave unnamed *cough* @sid88 *cough*
- WordPress Plugins, WordPress 2.8, WordPress this, WordPress that
- RSI, Ergonomics and Dvorak
- Qwerty #fail!
- The upcoming Russian Film Festival
- Many of us Cochin Tweeps will be attending.
- The upcoming raid
- #operationraidbinny for the uninitiated
- SEO, Bing
- ManiKarthik was with us. So its expected I guess.
- Much Much More…
- You should have attended to know the inside-circle secret stuff.
First off, big kudos to @sid88 for getting us a reserved place at Barista – would would have been stuck without that.
But IMO, its time to abandon Barista as a meetup location – for many reasons…
- They cannot accommodate our numbers. Even if we get chairs from nearby tables its hard.
- Too noisy – lots of other people around.
- Really, really bad
music tune soundnoise.
- Its perhaps the most expensive joint in Cochin
The other possible locations are…
- Take one(my votes goes to this)
- Food Court, Bay Pride Mall
- Food Court, Oberon Mall
- Some open community space(the walk way behind Bay Pride Mall for example)
- Suggest your own location. I spent most of my time at home – I don’t know many outside-my-home places.
Please let us know your opion about this issue in the comments or on twitter.
Image credit – Darragh Sherwin